Strengthening the Kansas Child Welfare System
KVC Kansas is dedicated to strengthening children and families. We’re one of the lead nonprofits providing family preservation and foster care services on behalf of the Kansas Department for Children and Families.
Our priorities are to ensure safety; provide high-quality, effective services; and in order to accomplish those, support our amazing team of social workers, therapists, family support workers and other professionals.
We recently shared an article called “Too Many Children in Foster Care: KVC Kansas Shares Challenges and Solutions.” This article contains an infographic that explains major changes that have happened over the last five years, and how we can work to address several challenges.
Here are additional articles we’ve shared in the last few months:
- Too Many Children in Foster Care: KVC Kansas Shares Challenges and Solutions [Infographic]
- Why Child Welfare Privatization Made Kansas a National Leader
- How KVC Kansas Is Supporting and Retaining Its Child Welfare Staff
- Answers to FAQs: Understanding KVC Kansas’ Role in the Kansas Child Welfare System
- Children Need Families | An Open Letter from KVC Kansas President Danielle Bartelli to KVC Team
- How We Can Improve the Child Welfare System as a Community
Want to get involved? We need everyone to play a role in strengthening children and families. Get inspired to help and advocate for others by watching these family success stories. You can also provide temporary care for a child in need, become a child’s permanent family through adoption, donate online, or browse open positions on the KVC team.