At KVC, we want every child and adult to be safe & connected to a strong family and a healthy community. We’re proud to be a leader in innovative, effective and compassionate care.
Services Near You
The Heart of Our Work
KVC helps health and human service agencies excel at caring for families with the most complex needs through a proven model that improves people’s health, their experience of care, and costs.
- Free Parenting Tips & Mental Health eBooks
- Consulting for Managed Care & Primary Health
- Consulting on Child Welfare & Behavioral Health
- Keeping Families Safely Together
- Right-Sizing Congregate Care
- Preventing & Treating Childhood Trauma
- KVC’s Partnership with Sesame Street
- KVC Institute Overview
- Get Involved
Children & Families Need You
Through KVC, you can strengthen families, prevent child abuse and neglect, and help create a bright future where every person is safe and connected to a strong family and a healthy community. Please join us today!
- About Us
KVC Health Systems is committed to enriching and enhancing the lives of children and families by providing medical and behavioral healthcare, social services, and education.
The Impact of KVC
KVC helps creates meaningful, positive change in the lives of tens of thousands of children and families each year. See our latest results:
- 304,189 people’s lives positively impacted by KVC throughout its 50 years
- 60,410 families strengthened
- 5,539 children adopted in KVC’s history
- 40,151 children supported by loving foster families
- 115,288 children and adults received in-home therapeutic services
- 50,752 children served in family preservation programs aimed at safely preventing foster care
- 14,597 children safely reunited with their families after foster care
- 30,000+ total children’s psychiatric hospital admissions
A Few State Highlights:
- West Virginia: 1,026 children cared for by KVC foster families (Learn more about KVC West Virginia)
- Kentucky: 7,222 children in 3,127 families benefitted from services to strengthen their families (Learn more about KVC Kentucky)
- Nebraska: 685 children cared for by KVC foster families, and 63 individuals with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities supported in KVC Shared Living Provider homes (Learn more about KVC Nebraska)
- Kansas: 11,170 children served through in-home support, foster care, family reunification, aftercare and other services (Learn more about KVC Kansas)
- Missouri: 97 children served in KVC Niles’ behavioral health programs (Learn more about KVC Niles)
Generations of Caring
Meet four people who became involved with KVC as children and learn why they continue supporting the organization today as adults.