At KVC, we want every child and adult to be safe & connected to a strong family and a healthy community. We’re proud to be a leader in innovative, effective and compassionate care.
Services Near You
The Heart of Our Work
KVC helps health and human service agencies excel at caring for families with the most complex needs through a proven model that improves people’s health, their experience of care, and costs.
- Free Parenting Tips & Mental Health eBooks
- Consulting for Managed Care & Primary Health
- Consulting on Child Welfare & Behavioral Health
- Keeping Families Safely Together
- Right-Sizing Congregate Care
- Preventing & Treating Childhood Trauma
- KVC’s Partnership with Sesame Street
- KVC Institute Overview
- Get Involved
Children & Families Need You
Through KVC, you can strengthen families, prevent child abuse and neglect, and help create a bright future where every person is safe and connected to a strong family and a healthy community. Please join us today!
- About Us
KVC Health Systems is committed to enriching and enhancing the lives of children and families by providing medical and behavioral healthcare, social services, and education.
Mental and Behavioral Health
KVC provides mental and behavioral healthcare services to children, teens and adults.
Click to get mental health support near you:
- Kansas outpatient mental and behavioral health
- Kansas and Missouri children’s residential mental health treatment
- Kansas and Missouri inpatient children’s mental health hospitals
- Missouri children’s residential mental health treatment (Niles)
- Missouri K-12 therapeutic school (Niles Prep)
- Kentucky mental and behavioral health services including virtual therapy
- Nebraska behavioral health and related services
- West Virginia in-home therapy services
We provide compassionate treatment for people with a range of mental health or psychiatric disorders, as well as those dealing with the effects of traumatic stress.
Our board-certified psychiatrists conduct psychiatric evaluations, oversee medication management and determine ongoing treatment plans. Our licensed therapists provide individual, group and family therapy, psychological testing and other services, often right in the client’s home. Pediatric services such as childhood immunizations and physicals may also be provided.
KVC also uses telemedicine and virtual therapy to provide therapy, crisis intervention and training to children and families. This eliminates the need to travel to an office, coordinate child care or take time off from work.
If you know a child or young adult struggling with depression or experiencing thoughts of self-harm, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 988.