Services Near You
The Heart of Our Work
- Free Parenting Tips & Mental Health eBooks
- Consulting for Managed Care & Primary Health
- Consulting on Child Welfare & Behavioral Health
- Keeping Families Safely Together
- Right-Sizing Congregate Care
- Preventing & Treating Childhood Trauma
- KVC’s Partnership with Sesame Street
- KVC Institute Overview
- Get Involved
Children & Families Need You
- About Us
Children’s Psychiatric Hospitals
No parent imagines a day when they have to bring their child to a psychiatric hospital, but it can be the best place for youth who are going through the worst time in their lives. Each year, KVC Hospitals serves thousands of children and adolescents who struggle with depression, anxiety, traumatic stress, substance use, suicidal thoughts, and other psychiatric crises at our locations:
- KVC Hospitals Kansas City
- KVC Hospitals Wichita
- KVC Hospitals Hays
- KVC Niles in Kansas City, MO
- View the KVC Hospitals website here to learn more about our child mental health expertise and how we help
Effective, compassionate treatment
Our hospitals offer acute inpatient and residential psychiatric treatment. Our in-depth understanding of the brain is what makes our services unique and effective. We know that adverse childhood events can disrupt a youth’s healthy brain development and affect their ability to manage emotions and succeed in their home and community.
Armed with this information, our staff are trained to view and treat behavioral health disorders through a trauma-informed lens. Research shows that the brain continues to develop long into adulthood; therefore, our services are tailored to help each youth strengthen their brain by learning new skills for managing difficult emotions, processing trauma and moving beyond difficult experiences.
KVC Hospitals also provides on-site education services, 24-hour care and a structured schedule of treatment activities. If you know a child or young adult struggling with depression or experiencing thoughts of self-harm, make a referral or call us at (913) 890-7468.