At KVC, we want every child and adult to be safe & connected to a strong family and a healthy community. We’re proud to be a leader in innovative, effective and compassionate care.
Services Near You
We also provide consultation and training through the KVC Institute. Learn more about our software and technology.
The Heart of Our Work
KVC helps health and human service agencies excel at caring for families with the most complex needs through a proven model that improves people’s health, their experience of care, and costs.
- Free Parenting Tips & Mental Health eBooks
- Consulting for Managed Care & Primary Health
- Consulting on Child Welfare & Behavioral Health
- Keeping Families Safely Together
- Right-Sizing Congregate Care
- Preventing & Treating Childhood Trauma
- KVC’s Partnership with Sesame Street
- KVC Institute Overview
- Get Involved
Children & Families Need You
Through KVC, you can strengthen families, prevent child abuse and neglect, and help create a bright future where every person is safe and connected to a strong family and a healthy community. Please join us today!
- About Us
KVC Health Systems is committed to enriching and enhancing the lives of children and families by providing medical and behavioral healthcare, social services, and education.
Become a foster parent
Foster parents play an important role in supporting children and families during a difficult time in their life. Foster parents help children recover from abuse, neglect or other family challenges in addition to providing education, medical care and support.
Great foster parents should be committed to:
- Loving all children unconditionally
- Working in partnership with birth family members and child welfare professionals
- Providing ongoing care and support for children until a permanent plan is implemented
- Completing annual continuing education requirements
To become a foster parent in most states, you must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be able to meet basic income guidelines
- Be able to provide adequate bedroom space and separate bed for each child you foster
- Have reliable transportation
- Be willing to complete 30 hours of free foster parent training
- Be willing for everyone in your household to undergo complete background checks. Licensees will be fingerprinted as part of the federal Adam Walsh Act.
Learn more about becoming a foster parent in these states:
- Free resources to determine if foster parenting is right for you
- Foster care in America: Realities, challenges and solutions
- Adopt a child or teen from foster care
- Common myths about foster care and adoption
- Ways to help a child in foster care without being a foster parent
- Ready to foster? Find the right agency to support your journey
- What No One Told Me About Becoming A Foster Parent
We support you!
At KVC, we work diligently to recruit, train, license and support foster families. We provide you with:
- Free ongoing training and support 24/7, 365 days a year
- 24-hour phone support
- Health insurance for children and teens
- Assistance finding local resources
- One-of-a-kind training at our Annual Resource Family Conference
- Monthly reimbursement to meet the child’s needs plus assistance with back-to-school supplies and holiday gifts