At KVC, we want every child and adult to be safe & connected to a strong family and a healthy community. We’re proud to be a leader in innovative, effective and compassionate care.
Services Near You
The Heart of Our Work
KVC helps health and human service agencies excel at caring for families with the most complex needs through a proven model that improves people’s health, their experience of care, and costs.
- Free Parenting Tips & Mental Health eBooks
- Consulting for Managed Care & Primary Health
- Consulting on Child Welfare & Behavioral Health
- Keeping Families Safely Together
- Right-Sizing Congregate Care
- Preventing & Treating Childhood Trauma
- KVC’s Partnership with Sesame Street
- KVC Institute Overview
- Get Involved
Children & Families Need You
Through KVC, you can strengthen families, prevent child abuse and neglect, and help create a bright future where every person is safe and connected to a strong family and a healthy community. Please join us today!
- About Us
KVC Health Systems is committed to enriching and enhancing the lives of children and families by providing medical and behavioral healthcare, social services, and education.
Safe & Connected™ Integrated Child Welfare
Safe & Connected™ is KVC’s integrated child welfare practice model. Safe & Connected provides a structured way to make decisions with and for the children and families served by the child welfare, juvenile justice and related systems. The model emphasizes organizing information in order to promote critical thinking and collaboration with the family and other stakeholders. This ensures a comprehensive, balanced assessment of risk with the outcomes of improved child safety, wellbeing and permanency.
Sue Lohrbach, Executive Director of the KVC Institute, is the developer of Safe & Connected. She has many years of experience training both public and private agencies on how to use it, including spending the last two years helping KVC staff across the U.S. improve their thinking and decision-making using the tool. Lohrbach has also trained several of KVC’s community partners on Safe & Connected. The model has a wide range of benefits such as children being in foster care for shorter amounts of time and increased collaborative practice and decision-making.
Watch this video to learn more:
Safe & Connected In the News
Check out some of the latest articles on this topic:
- New Software Digitizes Case Planning, Benefitting Families (April 2016)
- KVC Helps Prevent Nebraska Youth from Entering Juvenile Detention (Sept. 2015)
- KVC Leaders to Present Safe & Connected Outcomes at FFTA Conference (Aug. 2015)
- Addiction: Everything You Think You Know About It Is Wrong (July 2015)
- West Virginia Learns More about KVC’s Safe & Connected Model (Mar. 2015)
- Safe & Connected Training to Be Offered in West Virginia (Jan. 2015)
If you or your organization is interested in learning more about how KVC uses Safe & Connected or how it can help your agency help children and families, contact Sue Lohrbach at firstname.lastname@example.org.