At KVC, we want every child and adult to be safe & connected to a strong family and a healthy community. We’re proud to be a leader in innovative, effective and compassionate care.
Services Near You
The Heart of Our Work
KVC helps health and human service agencies excel at caring for families with the most complex needs through a proven model that improves people’s health, their experience of care, and costs.
- Get Involved
Children & Families Need You
Through KVC, you can strengthen families, prevent child abuse and neglect, and help create a bright future where every person is safe and connected to a strong family and a healthy community. Please join us today!
- About Us
KVC Health Systems is committed to enriching and enhancing the lives of children and families by providing medical and behavioral healthcare, social services, and education.
Experiential Learning with KVC
For students, there’s no better learning lab than the real world. That’s why each year more than 250 undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. nationwide students complete their internships or practicums at KVC. These students, who learn about and help deliver KVC services like in-home family therapy, youth substance abuse treatment and psychiatric treatment in a hospital setting, are working in a unique space where government, nonprofit agency providers and higher education intersect. Few other organizations offer students this diverse experience.
What an Internship/Practicum Offers
- An exclusive opportunity to learn directly from experienced professionals at KVC
- An opportunity to apply many of the techniques learned in the classroom to real situations under the supervision of a KVC professional
- Time to develop skills in case management, client engagement, crisis intervention or individual and group therapy
“The atmosphere at KVC is uplifting and upbeat. When I walk into work, I’m met with smiles and can hear laughter down the hall because people love what they do and it shows. I can always count on my coworkers to be there for me no matter what kind of day I’ve had” – Ashley Hein, Foster Care Specialist
Areas of Interest
- Therapeutic services – Provide in-home therapy, outpatient therapy or aftercare services to families and youth with behavioral health needs
- Inpatient Residential Treatment – Play supportive roles to children and teens undergoing acute psychiatric hospitalization
- Case Management – Support a child’s safe reunification with his or her family
- Adoption – Work with children who are currently seeking a forever family
- Kinship Care – Support a relative placement by sharing the skills and resources needed to be a successful caregiver
- Independent Living Services – Work with young adults as they transition into adulthood
- Foster Family Care – Share resources and support to family foster homes
Qualifications for Students to Be Considered
- Passion for making a difference in the life of children and families
- Complete orientation and training requirements
- Maintain current driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Provide own transportation to appointments if necessary
- Maintain flexibility in scheduling and attend appointments after normal business hours, including evenings and weekends
Must Be Pursuing a Degree in:
- Bachelors in Social Work
- Masters in Counseling
- Masters in Marriage/Family Therapy
- Masters in Psychology
- Masters in Social Work
- Or a degree that qualifies for licensure in the Behavioral Science Regulatory Board
- Chanute, KS
- Hays, KS
- Hiawatha, KS
- Independence, KS
- Kansas City, KS
- Lawrence, KS
- Leavenworth, KS
- Olathe, KS
- Ottawa, KS
- Parsons, KS
- Pittsburg, KS
- Topeka, KS
- Wichita, KS
How to Apply!
For KVC Kansas, please email Sansara Owens, LMSW, at email@example.com.
For KVC Hospitals, please email Rachael Guenther at firstname.lastname@example.org.