At KVC, we want every child and adult to be safe & connected to a strong family and a healthy community. We’re proud to be a leader in innovative, effective and compassionate care.
Services Near You
The Heart of Our Work
KVC helps health and human service agencies excel at caring for families with the most complex needs through a proven model that improves people’s health, their experience of care, and costs.
- Free Parenting Tips & Mental Health eBooks
- Consulting for Managed Care & Primary Health
- Consulting on Child Welfare & Behavioral Health
- Keeping Families Safely Together
- Right-Sizing Congregate Care
- Preventing & Treating Childhood Trauma
- KVC’s Partnership with Sesame Street
- KVC Institute Overview
- Get Involved
Children & Families Need You
Through KVC, you can strengthen families, prevent child abuse and neglect, and help create a bright future where every person is safe and connected to a strong family and a healthy community. Please join us today!
- About Us
KVC Health Systems is committed to enriching and enhancing the lives of children and families by providing medical and behavioral healthcare, social services, and education.
KVC’s 13-Part Parenting Tips Series
Children don’t come with a handbook, and parenting can feel frustrating and difficult at times. But while there’s no simple guide to parenting, there are many time-tested skills that every parent can benefit from learning. Created by child behavior experts, this series features helpful articles, 1-minute videos and downloadable worksheets.
This series is based on GenPMTO, a research-backed curriculum proven to increase positive parenting, marital satisfaction, child and parent depression, child academic performance, social skills and more.
These tips will:
- Help you form a loving, life-long bond with your child or teen
- Show you the best ways to communicate with your child so they listen and easily follow directions
- Give you strategies to become a calmer parent and create a peaceful, loving home
Check Out Each Tip Below!
- How to Have a Great Relationship with Your Child
- The Best Way to Get Your Child to Follow Directions
- How to Keep Calm in Stressful Parenting Situations
- How to Use Encouragement to Reinforce Your Child’s Good Behavior
- How to Actively Communicate with Your Child
- An Easy Strategy to Solve Recurring Negative Child Behavior
- How Parents Can Manage Conflict with Their Children
- How to Set Limits and Consequences for Your Child
- How to Reward Your Child’s Good Behavior
- How to Set Goals with Your Child and Why It’s Important
- Strategies to Keeping Track of Your Kids When They’re Not at Home
- How to Help Your Child Succeed in School
- Why Positive Involvement in Your Child’s Life Is So Important