Services Near You
The Heart of Our Work
- Free Parenting Tips & Mental Health eBooks
- Consulting for Managed Care & Primary Health
- Consulting on Child Welfare & Behavioral Health
- Keeping Families Safely Together
- Right-Sizing Congregate Care
- Preventing & Treating Childhood Trauma
- KVC’s Partnership with Sesame Street
- KVC Institute Overview
- Get Involved
Children & Families Need You
- About Us
Tell Us Your KVC Story and Win a Prize
Sharing the challenging or beautiful things you’ve experienced can inspire others. As Morgan Harper Nichols wrote, “Tell the story of the mountain you climbed, your words could become a page in someone else’s survival guide.”
Who Can Enter: Our Story Contest is open to everyone with a connection to KVC! That includes children, teens, adults, families, team members, and supporters. You can enter multiple times. Please fill out a separate entry for each story.
How to Enter: Take 5 minutes to answer one of these story prompts and explain how KVC is part of your story:
- Tell us about a difficult experience you faced and how you found the strength and support from KVC to overcome it.
- Share about when you felt you were making a positive difference in another person’s life.
- What does KVC mean to you or why does its mission resonate with you?
- If you had a great experience with KVC, tell us about what happened and how it made you feel.
- Describe an example of kindness you have experienced or shown to another person, as part of your connection to KVC.
- Has someone connected to KVC positively influenced you and how?
- Also, we celebrated our 50th anniversary last October. We’d love to hear stories of how KVC made a positive difference in people’s lives in the 1970s, 80s, and 90s through today!
EVERYONE GETS A PRIZE!
- Instant Prize: You’ll immediately get downloadable lock screens for your phone.
- Weekly Prizes: Every Friday, people who entered that week will be entered to win KVC swag!
- Grand Prizes: Multiple Amazon gift cards up to $50 will be awarded to the top stories.
Any questions? While all stories MUST be entered using the form below, you can ask questions or send photos to go along with your story to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not see the form or have problems, please try using a different web browser like Google Chrome, try on your phone, or simply email it to email@example.com if necessary.
Check out past winners for some inspiration!
- 2020 KVC Story Contest Winners
- 2019 KVC Story Contest Winners
- 2018 KVC Story Contest Winners
- 2017 KVC Story Contest Winners
- 2016 KVC Story Contest Winners
- 2015 KVC Story Contest Winners