To help educate parents, caregivers, educators, health professionals, leaders, and other community members, KVC Health Systems has released 3 new eBooks on child mental health. Research shows that when all children and teens have the opportunity to develop healthy brains through positive interactions with adults, families thrive and communities prosper. Download the free eBooks at www.kvc.org/resourcelibrary.
KVC Health Systems is a national leader in behavioral healthcare, child welfare, and community health and wellness. It serves over 60,000 children and families each year in Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Kentucky and West Virginia. Services include in-home family support, behavioral healthcare, foster care, adoption, youth substance use treatment and children’s psychiatric hospitals.
Free Guide: 5 Things Every Child Needs for Good Mental Health
In this guide, you will:
- Learn about brain development and how healthy brains are built instead of born.
- Discover how a child’s environment and experiences can positively or negatively affect their mental, emotional and physiological health.
- Find out if the brain can change and what you can do to support a child’s mental health.
Free Assessment: Does My Child or Teen Need Professional Help?
In this assessment, you will:
- Understand what your child’s challenging behaviors mean and learn what you can do.
- Answer 10 short questions to find out if your child needs professional help.
- Gain peace of mind from knowing your child is supported and on the right path.
Free Guide: The 3 Types of Mental and Behavioral Health Treatment for Children and Teens
In this guide, you will:
- Learn where to turn for help dealing with general life or school-related stress.
- Understand the types of licensed mental health professionals.
- Discover options for children and teens requiring a high level of care.
Looking for more resources?
KVC Health Systems and its community teams publish dozens of helpful articles across their 7 blogs each month. Topics range from how to develop parenting skills and build healthy relationships to inspiring stories about children and adults who overcame adversity. Visit the KVC Health Systems blog here or join KVC on Facebook.
View all of KVC Health Systems’ free guides in its Resource Library here.
Learn more about KVC’s behavioral health services for children and adults:
- In Kansas, call (913) 890-7468 or visit www.kvchospitals.org
- In Kentucky, call (859) 254-1035 or visit www.kvcky.org
- In Missouri, call (816) 895-4255 or visit www.nileskc.org
- In Nebraska, call (402) 498-4700 or visit www.kvcnebraska.org
- In West Virginia, call (304) 347-9818 or visit www.kvcwv.org
- In all other states, call us at (913) 322-4900 or visit www.kvc.org
About KVC Health Systems, Inc.
KVC Health Systems, headquartered in the greater Kansas City area, is a private, nonprofit 501(c)3 organization that enriches and enhances the lives of over 60,000 children and families each year by providing medical and behavioral healthcare, social services, and education. KVC’s diverse continuum of services includes in-home family support, behavioral healthcare, foster care, adoption, substance abuse treatment, and children’s psychiatric hospitals. KVC serves thousands of children and families in Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Kentucky and West Virginia. Learn more.
For more information about these resources, contact Jenny Kutz, Vice President of Marketing and Communications, KVC Health Systems, at (913) 322-4994 or firstname.lastname@example.org.