The COVID-19 pandemic has forever changed our workplaces and homes. While we’ve found more flexibility, a new survey shows that Americans are experiencing greater stress than ever before due to the pandemic, money concerns, the war in Ukraine, and increased smartphone and social media use. Depression, anxiety, and suicide rates are rising among both teens and adults.
The importance of mental health and wellness is what led Legacy Brokers and KVC Health Systems to create the first annual MENTAL WELLNESS EXPO taking place Thursday, May 5. The expo takes place both in-person at KVC’s Ball Event Center in Olathe, Kansas and also online via Zoom. It features two panel discussions with 10 experts discussing the mental wellness challenges we face in our new environment and the help and resources available. The expo also includes more than 20 mental and physical healthcare providers and health insurance carriers who will have informational tables in the solutions space. A fun chili cook-off with awards and a reception featuring drinks, hot dogs and other refreshments will bring the event to a fun and social end in the early evening. Register now for this FREE event!
1:00-6:00pm on Thursday, May 5
KVC’s Ball Event Center
21350 W. 153rd St.
Olathe, KS 66061
Sponsored by these leaders in health insurance and healthcare:
With special thanks to these supporters:
Please join us! This event is for:
-Business leaders who care about their employees’ mental wellness
-School and civic leaders
-Parents and community members
-Mental and primary healthcare providers
-Healthcare insurance carriers and agents
-Veterans and service members
1:00pm Doors open
2:00pm Panel discussion on mental wellness
3:30pm Chili sampling/reception and visit with mental health providers and insurance carriers
5:00 pm Chili cook-off awards
Meet Our Experts
We’re honored to welcome the following mental wellness experts and other business and community leaders to our two panels.
More About the Panelists:
– Sarah Soden, MD, Neurodevelopment Pediatrician and Director of the Genomic Medicine Center, Children’s Mercy Hospital
– Janie Yannacito, LCSCW, Director of Children and Family Services, Johnson County Mental Health
– Tara Walrod, Assistant Principal and National Board-Certified Teacher, Blue Valley School District
– Emily Snow, LMSW, MHSA, Director of Behavioral Health Initiatives, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
– Kevin Timmons, Nick’s Dad, Owner of Nick & Jake’s, Founder & Vice Chairman of the Board of Fore the Kids Foundation
– Dr. Vishal Adma, Psychiatrist and President/CEO of Responsive Centers
– Sara Schlagel, LSCSW, LCSW, Vice President of Behavioral Health Services, KVC Hospitals Children’s Psychiatric Treatment
– Anne Timmons, Community Advocate for Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Awareness
– Jessica Dubey, MAAT, LPC, Behavioral Clinical Strategist, Cigna
– Dr. Abyssinia Washington Tabron, Clinical Psychologist, KVC Institute for Health Systems Innovation, DEI Leader
REGISTER NOW – Event is FREE to attend in person or online!
Registration is now open at www.kvc.org/mentalwellness.
Want to enjoy some food? For $10, you get a chili sampling wristband and two tickets. The wristband lets you sample more than a dozen kinds of chili and vote for your favorites. The two tickets can be used beginning at 3:30pm for a beer, wine, soda, or hot dog. If you purchase by May 4, when you buy a $10 wristband/two tickets, you get another wristband/two tickets for FREE! Register for the Mental Wellness Expo here.