On Monday, December 8, Vice President Joe Biden announced new steps aimed at supporting and improving outcomes for youth in and aging out foster care. According to The White House, over 100 current and former youth in foster care from across the country were welcomed at the event. Stars and creators of the movie Annie also attended, and guests enjoyed an exclusive screening of the new film.
The President and his Administration believe improving the lives of youth aging out of foster care is an important goal. Vice President Biden hopes more families will feel encouraged to foster or adopt, which will provide stable homes and strong support structures for these young adults. New steps to support our nation’s youth in foster care include:
- Ensuring Access to Healthy Meals
- Protecting the Welfare of Native Youth
- Building Financial Security
- Keep Young People in Their Homes and Out of the Justice System
- Creating Clear Pathways to Employment
- Supporting Educational Success
- Developing Public Service and Private Investment Opportunities
*Click here to read more
At KVC, we believe children grow best in families. You can make a difference by becoming a foster or adoptive parent, mentoring a youth, making a donation, or supporting our #NeverStopCaring initiative.